Monday, November 22, 2010

Gone, but not forgotton...

Everyone that knows me knows that I am the biggest American history buff ever...I would actually like to be an American history teacher (when I grow up) :) but I thought it appropriate to pay tribute to one of my personal hero's today. Today, November 22 marks the 47th anniversary of John Fitzgerald Kennedy's assassination.
I was not alive during JFK's time but I have always been fascinated by him. I do believe that he made America a better place and that his ideal's were just.
I grew up on stories of him from parents and grandparents...I don't know anyone from that generation that can't remember the day he was killed like it happened yesterday. Forty seven years gone and it is still a raw nerve for so many.
I imagine 9/11 will be the same way for those that experienced it as well...almost Ten years and it is still an open wound, And I still remember that day exactly like it was yesterday.


Some previously unpublished photos from a trip to Utah just two months before his death...

No comments:

Post a Comment